- Dysport Treatment is mainly associated with wrinkle treatment. It is a botulinum toxin injected under the skin to stop the muscles from being treated. It is regarded as non-invasive.
- Glabellar lines, also known as frown lines, are the lines that run between your eyebrows and are most commonly treated with this procedure.
- The infusions loosen up muscles under your skin, making the region smoother.
- By restricting facial muscle movements, the injections prevent wrinkles from appearing or getting worse.
- You should treat only moderate to severe cases of wrinkles with Dysport. It’s planned for grown-ups younger than 65.
- These injections may occasionally treat muscle spasms caused by certain neurological conditions.
- Within a few days, results may be seen, but after a few months, they will fade.
- There may be brief side effects. Headaches, pain at the injection site, and inflammation are among the most common symptoms.
- Dysport, like other botulinum toxins, can spread to other parts of your body. It could make you more likely to get muscle spasms.
- You can go home after the procedure is finished at your doctor’s office.
- There is no need for recovery time. As soon as you feel comfortable, you can resume your normal activities. Following the methodology, you should practice for a short time.
- Dysport was more than 80 percent effective as a temporary wrinkle treatment.
- To keep the results, you need to go to more sessions. Usually, these are done every few months.
What is Dysport?
Dysport, also known as Abobotulinumtoxin A, is an injection for treating wrinkles. Glabellar lines, or the vertical wrinkles on your forehead between your eyebrows, are softened by this non-invasive procedure by temporarily reducing muscle movement in the targeted areas. It is also occasionally used to treat some medical conditions.
In 2009, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the United States granted initial approval for Dysport Treatment. If you want to treat glabellar wrinkles and are under age 65, you might be a good candidate for Dysport.
How does Dysport work?
Neuromodulators are a group of injections that include Dysport. Botox and Xeomin are two other types of injections in this category. Each uses a different botulinum toxin to target different parts of your face.
Neuromodulators like Dysport decrease the presence of lines by unwinding and restricting the development of muscles around the infusion site. Your doctor injects a small amount of the medication into your muscle.
The skin above your muscles becomes smoother as your muscles relax, which reduces wrinkles. It is essential to keep in mind that these effects are brief.
Diminishing development is intended to forestall the arrangement or extending of kinks, which are brought about by dreary development after some time, alongside heredity and maturing.
Targeted areas for Dysport
Dysport works on lines in the glabella. These vertical wrinkles are located on your forehead. Usually, they appear in your early twenties, between your eyebrows. Due to decreased elasticity, they may become more noticeable as you get older. They can also become more apparent when you squint, making you appear irritated or frowning.
Dysport is only suitable for individuals with moderate to severe glabellar lines. You might not be a good candidate for this kind of treatment if you have these kinds of subtle wrinkles on your face.
For severe limb muscle, spasticity Dysport is also prescribed to adults and children. The FDA has approved Dysport for use in treating spasticity in adults, lower limb spasticity in children, and cervical dystonia, which affects how the neck and head move.
Procedure for Dysport
Injections of Dysport are administrated in the doctor’s office. Typically, dermatologists and aesthetic surgeons, two types of specialized doctors, are the most qualified to perform this procedure.
During the procedure, your doctor may inject Dysport around your eyebrows and forehead in five locations.
A small amount of topical anesthetic may be applied by your doctor to alleviate pain. The injections might pressure your skin, but the procedure shouldn’t hurt too much.
The actual procedure takes a few minutes. Preparation takes up most of your time at the doctor’s office. You can leave as soon as your Dysport injections are finished unless you experience any side effects.
Your doctor will provide follow-up instructions. This includes a timetable for when You should repeat the procedure in a few months.
What to expect after Dysport
Following Dysport injections, you can return home immediately. There is almost no recovery time required, despite the possibility of minor side effects.
After treatment, you could see results as soon as two days later, and they could last for up to four months. A success rate of 88.5 percent was reported in a study involving 104 Dysport injection recipients.
In the treatment of wrinkles 30 days after injection. You will require additional injections after a few months to keep your forehead smooth because these effects are not permanent.
Be careful not to rub the injection site because doing so can make you more likely to get side effects and spread the toxins. The American Academy of Dermatology advises putting off exercise and other physical activity for at least two hours.
How to prepare
Before endorsing you as a contender for Dysport infusions, your PCP will do an intensive check of your clinical history.
Before your injections, your doctor may advise you to stop taking certain supplements and medications. Among these are the following:
- Allergy medications
- Blood thinners
- Cold medications
- Muscle relaxers
- Sleep aids
It is not recommended for infants under two years of age or pregnant women.
Adults should only give Dysport injections for wrinkles.
Additionally, you might not have used it if you have an allergy to milk or have previously been allergic to other botulinum toxin products.
Dysport Treatment typically administers a dermatologist. However, only some dermatologists have the necessary training. Before your procedure, meeting with your dermatologist is a good idea. You can directly inquire about their Dysport experiences. They may even have a portfolio of images to show you to let you know what to anticipate during the procedure.
Skin Treatment For Men And Women – MedSpa PGH